Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install my Ohlins rear shock on the zx10, but b4 i start i was wondering what is the proper way of removing and installing the shock?

It looks like you have to pull the shock upwards out of the swingarm area, since the top is so big.

Anyone do this so far? I'll be taking pics to post a how to once im finished.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You need to remove the bolt on the upper part of the suspension links and rotate them down. The stock shock comes out through the bottom of the swong arm, the Ohlins goes in through the top. With the rear unloaded you can use your rear stand to move the swing arm to the proper angle to allow the removal/install of the shocks. Hope this helps...

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ground Zero said:
You need to remove the bolt on the upper part of the suspension links and rotate them down. The stock shock comes out through the bottom of the swong arm, the Ohlins goes in through the top. With the rear unloaded you can use your rear stand to move the swing arm to the proper angle to allow the removal/install of the shocks. Hope this helps...
I think I know what your saying. i dont get the part with the rear stand though. I cant just take the stock shock out thru the top also? and install the ohline the same way?

This helps trust me. ive visually tore it apart, but we know how it goes when you look at something and actually have to take it apart.

Keep it coming guys!

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Someone posted a thread on Abba stands,the way they work allows you to lift the bike & unload the suspension,which you can't do with a paddock stand.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Here is a pic of the links unbolted and my pivot stand setup. I use the rear stand on the swingarm spools to raise /lower the swingarm as you need to have it in the right postion to get the shocks through the forward part of the swingarm. And oh yeah...trust me, stock out through the bottom & the Ohlins in through the top:wink: .

Attachments

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GZ you are the Faukin MAN!!!!!!

I clean forgot about the damn, hollow bolt that runs through the rear!! Im glad you took pics.

Did you just tear you bike down just so i could have a photo???? lol....
Thanks man, Ill Dance at your AMA Superstock WIN!!!!!!

Ill take photos....just have to find a rode like that to use.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh well, i just tore my dining room table apart, hack sawed it and used my dads grinder to make a straight pole to slide thru it. I couldnt tell what type of rode you had....

ok back to work, just came up to check to see if you had some more stuff posted.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts