Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any tricks to get the gauges off without taking apart the whole frigging upper fairing? :dontknow: The bottom screw is the only thing holding me up.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
fastbikesrule said:
Anyone know any tricks to get the gauges off without taking apart the whole frigging upper fairing? :dontknow: The bottom screw is the only thing holding me up.
\

I dont, but taking the front fairing off isn't all that bad:dontknow: Just get er done. Oh yeah and whats wrong with your gauge?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
fastbikesrule said:

I think you can get to it by just taking off the windscreen portion of the cowling only. You will have to take the windscreen and mirrors off. There are (2) "one on each side" phillip/crosstip screw beside the headlight bulb housings looking from back to front. There is some velcro holding the nose piece in place towards the headlights. That is about the easiest way of doing it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yeppers that is the way...

Remove mirrors

Remove middle bolts and nuts on windscreen only, leave top and bottoms in.

Remove two (one on each side) phillips screws by headlights, these hold the middle part of the upper cowling onto the gauges.

Remove center section of cowling, pull velcro loose at front of nose peice.

Easy access to the 5 bolts that hols the cluster in, plus I think you ahve to remove the bolt that is nuder the mirror base plate as well.

That is all I remove when I do mine.

·
Banned
248 Posts
me too, but when i put my gauges back in,,,, i didnt put the bottom screw in due to the headache of getting to it....havent had any probs from it either.....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
quess your trying your bar/gear indicator mod...if you need info on disasembly of the guage itself I did a post somewhere with good pics how to disasemble the whole guage....just don't know where it is right now...do a search if need be.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sneaky said:
Yeppers that is the way...

Remove mirrors

Remove middle bolts and nuts on windscreen only, leave top and bottoms in.

Remove two (one on each side) phillips screws by headlights, these hold the middle part of the upper cowling onto the gauges.

Remove center section of cowling, pull velcro loose at front of nose peice.

Easy access to the 5 bolts that hols the cluster in, plus I think you ahve to remove the bolt that is nuder the mirror base plate as well.

That is all I remove when I do mine.
Cool, that worked pretty good. I was thinking too "inside the box". I had a fixation with getting the 3 gauge screws out, and wasn't thinking of anything else. Pulling the upper stay off was pretty easy. Thanks. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts