1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it always such a fight?

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

isnt the correct procedure to push in the solid orange part

push fitting towards tank then pull it off?

orange thing doesnt want to push in

thought I'd vent here before I break it

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,766 Posts
Pushing it in? The red banding pulls out. I use a small flathead screwdriver to lift it off and then just pull the line off. Its easy.

The red (orange if you want) has 3 full sides and on the last side is just a couple of little tabs that hold it down. Put the screwdriver under the complete side opposite the 2 tabs and lift it up. It doesn't come all the way off, just lift it until those tabs reach the other side of the connector. Nothing pushes in that I've dealt with?

·
Registered
755 Posts
pushing it in? The red banding pulls out. I use a small flathead screwdriver to lift it off and then just pull the line off. Its easy.

The red (orange if you want) has 3 full sides and on the last side is just a couple of little tabs that hold it down. Put the screwdriver under the complete side opposite the 2 tabs and lift it up. It doesn't come all the way off, just lift it until those tabs reach the other side of the connector. Nothing pushes in that i've dealt with?
:+1:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Lol. ...And my impression was that this is one of the easier things to disconnect.. I guess we all have different experiences. :lol:

The idea is that you need to squeeze the orange tabs towards each other, then push them in so that the other side comes out. You can actually move the tabs one at the time with a screwdrive or something, just enough so that they don't lock back in place. Once you get that, the rest is easy. When pulling the line off the tank, hold it through a rag or paper towels---there will be some gas coming out.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guiys

it's like those friggin electrical connections, squeeze the little tab? lift the little tab? is there a tab on both sides?

it really doesnt have to be made that difficult, does it?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,766 Posts
thanks guiys

it's like those friggin electrical connections, squeeze the little tab? lift the little tab? is there a tab on both sides?

it really doesnt have to be made that difficult, does it?
No. You don't squeeze the tab. Look at the red band around the connection. Look at it on all the sides. One side is not complete. It looks like a claw. Spread the claw apart at those little tabs and slide the red square over the connector. Then just pull it off. I don't have any pics, but it's really that simple. Look at it again.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah pulls out. Make sure when you are putting the clip back on the little tongs on it line up. It had me scratching my head last weekend lol.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
easy to take off, pain in the a** to put back on.

On a first Gen easy both ways not sure about the others...:dontknow:

Missed the tongs once, gas everywhere during cranking.
Been there done that a few times makes for a good exersise to see how fast you can shut the bike off and get rags all within seconds. :lol: :helmet:

Yeah pulls out. Make sure when you are putting the clip back on the little tongs on it line up. It had me scratching my head last weekend lol.
See above response ^^^ :lol:

Which gen is this? On gen 1 it's exactly the opposite.
:iamwithstto me my only complaint it's hard to find easy and longer lines for extending the tank when doing maintenance or trouble-shooting problems. :wink:

bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,766 Posts
Here's the procedure for the Gen 2's and 3's. Not sure if the Gen 1 is that different, but here it is straight out of the service manual.

/End thread

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,766 Posts
Very:

Edit: I'm actually surprised they have changed the line design. This one works well and it's easy to install and remove.
Yeah, that is different. The newer Gen's are really easy to remove and install as well. Not sure why the need to change other than maybe standardizing the connections across different models. :dontknow: The OP never stated which model he was dealing with, but it looks like we've got it all covered here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts