Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like about a 21-22mm allen wrench is required, any idea where i can get one?

·
Registered
657 Posts
don't need it. leave the two pinch bolts tight on that side, and loosen the two on the other side of the axle. then loosen the axle and remove. no need to mess with the allen wrench side at all.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the allen on both sides of my axle so that won't work.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Looks like about a 21-22mm allen wrench is required, any idea where i can get one?
I found some stuff like that at Sears - craftsman tools.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i still can't get the front wheel off. do you guys know the size of the allen wrench is that is needed to remove the front axle nut?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Couldnt tell you for a 6R , the 10R has a 14mm Allen one side and 22mm hex head on the other.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another question. i've managed to get everything off, just need to mask some stuff for the powder coating. my question is when i put the wheels back on is it necessary to torque them specifically?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
another question. i've managed to get everything off, just need to mask some stuff for the powder coating. my question is when i put the wheels back on is it necessary to torque them specifically?
most certainly!! rotors, axle, bottom fork pinch bolts, calipers, etc.

BD

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
most certainly!! rotors, axle, bottom fork pinch bolts, calipers, etc.

BD
i dont see why i would need to torque the bolts that hold the rotors on to a specific ft/lb. same with the calipers, it's just some bolts that hold it to the forks.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i dont see why i would need to torque the bolts that hold the rotors on to a specific ft/lb. same with the calipers, it's just some bolts that hold it to the forks.
you asked if it was necessary and i gave you my answer / opinion :dontknow: what about the other 239 bolts that hold the bike together as their just some bolts that hold it together :dontknow:

BD

·
Registered
657 Posts
every nut, bolt, allen head, torx bit, etc has a specific torque, and should be tightened to that torque any time it is taken apart. why on earth wouldn't they need to be?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya learn somethin new every day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts