Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done it?
Whats the feedback, in detail please?
Is there a noticable increase in bottom end power?
Is it still smooth?
Is the traction control disabled?
Did you remap?

I am installing Brocks alien head, bazzaz with afm, speedohelaer, puig, integrated tail light, etc etc...

Lookin for feeback on removing flies for 08-09 zx10.

Thanx,:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
In for a response.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i remember they said it was easy and there were many positive results. shut up and do it :wink:

·
Registered
562 Posts
i remember they said it was easy and there were many positive results. shut up and do it :wink:
:iamwithst I dunno about the difference b/c I did the x-tre at the same time :rolleyes: which holds the flies like they were removed for $100 :badteeth: But after I did these together I liked it! I put on these Bazzaz and got a tune last week and buddy the low end gain is night and day difference. Your head is in the right direction. Jus go do it, it takes 10 min and if you don't like it put 'em back on :heyyou:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
So is the x-tre still necessary if the butterflies are removed.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This is before and after I removed my flies, I also added some timing which accounts for the increased top end. Cant say anything about the butt dyno on bottom end since I also went -1 in the front when I removed them

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
make sure you use a quality #2 screw driver like a snap on so they dont strip. dont use a stanley walmart special or you will strip them out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A really long screw driver works well to get the outside screws on number 1and 4 cylinders. Keeps from stripping those and don't have to remove the stack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts