Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what will removing the exhaust valve in the pipe do for the bike?

Ive read that you should leave it hooked up so the FI light doesn't come on.

But does it help the bike h/p wise?

Somebody who knows these things, please school me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exhaust valve 2 remove or not?

What you heard about the FI light is true,it will stay on,BUT only if the control unit is unplugged(to which there are still remedies)i DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU REMOVE THE VALVE WITHOUT SERIUOS RETUNING!!!it wont run better for sure without adding a power command or alternative AND it really does sound a whole bunch better without changing some things also(although a little better)but im warning you have a knowledgeable and skilled welder re-attach the pipe 'cause it is a tricky MUTHA F--R !!!!!especially if ya want it to look better!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Mine is gone. I have no PC yet but I have a slip on. The servo motor is still in place and hooked up but the valve and cables are out. You will notice a small drop in bottom and mid-range power, but nothing serious, you might not notice at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
to me I think it's barely noticable if not noticable at all. You gotta remember it's still a lot of power. Now on a 600 you might notice more of a difference.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Mine is gone. I have no PC yet but I have a slip on. The servo motor is still in place and hooked up but the valve and cables are out. You will notice a small drop in bottom and mid-range power, but nothing serious, you might not notice at all.
ah buddy what kind of pipe do you have?

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I kinda figured you guys were talking about the one in the stock can...

After I removed mine and put on my slip-on, I never had an issue with the FI light, nor did I get a lose of power (that I could tell anyway)...so do you think it would be necessary to get the bike re-tuned or what?

Also, what about the servo motor? I just left it in and that was that...should it be removed?

·
Registered
777 Posts
So removing the valve leads to a loss in low/mid, but the valve is fully open at WOT which means little/no effect on top end. Sounds like a net loss to me. Unless someone thinks that there's an appreciable obstruction with the valve in place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The valve is there to modify the resonance frequency and pressure in the exhaust for lower engine speeds. Take it out if you wish but there's a reason the engineers put it there in the first place

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The valve is there to modify the resonance frequency and pressure in the exhaust for lower engine speeds. Take it out if you wish but there's a reason the engineers put it there in the first place

Makes sense to me, if it works, don't fix it.

So unless it would really benifit my bike H/P wise, I will leave it alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts