Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing my Graves exhaust on my bike. I have removed the exhaust, but the bolt that holds the catalytic converter will not budge. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am in the process of installing my Graves exhaust on my bike. I have removed the exhaust, but the bolt that holds the catalytic converter will not budge. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I have no problem removing cat from mine gen4. So I think you must try harder...:dontknow:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'm just going to assume your both talking about the pre muffler box not the cats because I'd also assume the cats are inside your headers!

Take your time, get it on a stand and it shouldnt be a problem!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird. The bolt wont move. It feels like if I twist any harder I'll strip it. The only reason Im leary is that I already stripped 2 bolts. The two bolts that hold the 2 bars that hold the fender eliminator to the subframe. It feels like whomever put this bike 2gether used power tools and locktite. :( I have an appointment Saturday for the shop to back the bolts out if they can. They are charging me $90 to drill through the holes and loosen/remove the bolt that holds the cat canister to the frame. Any suggestions in helping me save my $90

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,871 Posts
Weird. The bolt wont move. It feels like if I twist any harder I'll strip it. The only reason Im leary is that I already stripped 2 bolts. The two bolts that hold the 2 bars that hold the fender eliminator to the subframe. It feels like whomever put this bike 2gether used power tools and locktite. :( I have an appointment Saturday for the shop to back the bolts out if they can. They are charging me $90 to drill through the holes and loosen/remove the bolt that holds the cat canister to the frame. Any suggestions in helping me save my $90
WTF??? They can't just hit it with an impact wrench for you for like $10? That's ridiculous. You need to break the locktite free with an impact wrench or a long breaker bar and a hammer. Even a manually operated impact wrench (the kind that you hit with a hammer while holding it) should break it loose. Take that $90 and go buy yourself the tool to do the job. Then you'll own the tool and the next time you need it you won't have to pay someone else.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to do that to my exhaust manifold on my SRT before. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Let me know if you have any luck with it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joel. I cannot lie. Im not sure if I feel a difference. The bike stock was great to me. I am not a track racer. I just luuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvv da sound. Its incredible hitting the gas, shifting, and hearing her scream for more. Shes like my best sex partner. Everytime I hit it hard, she screams harder. This is my favorite bike I ever owned. And I have had 97 yzf 600, gixxer 6, 99 cbr 900, 03 cbr 954, 07 cbr 1000, 09 R1, and now 2011 zx 10, hopefully I can keep this 1 for 5 years and get my moneys worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts