Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to remove the gas tank to get the battery to pull out? It looks pretty tight around that area. I want to put it on charge for the winter? I have an automatic bike charge maintainer but I always thought you are supposed to remove the battery from the cold and charge it in a warmer environment? Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard. I just checked the pdf. manual and it looks as though I have to loosen the bolts at the top of the tank and the lower bracket. Damn these 10R's a pain in the ass to do the simplest things.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
fun2fly said:
Disregard. I just checked the pdf. manual and it looks as though I have to loosen the bolts at the top of the tank and the lower bracket. Damn these 10R's a pain in the ass to do the simplest things.
nah...there is a simpler way...loosen the battery, turn bike upside down and shake hard...battery should fall out...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i just said fugg it and left it in there, connected the charger cables to it and like every 2 or 3 weeks, will go up to the garage and turn the charger on and wait for her to charge up. i said the same thing, what PITA!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts