Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this may be a dumb question but is there a trick to getting the airbox out of an 06 zx10. i cant get it out

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
you have to rotate it clock wise i think, as you pull or push the rubber ram air ducts back and out of the way! and then lift it out!

·
Registered
200 Posts
clockwise about 90 degrees.........pane in ass but it will come out

·
Registered
200 Posts
clockwise about 90 degrees.........pain in ass but it will come out

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Is there a 'how to' for changing the air filter?

Same link as above, Simple remove the tank, or prop it up and remove the top air box cover, pop out filter....and reverse.

Easy to do, don't sweat it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not so easy

It's not as easy as some say, maybe some frames are a little narrower than others due to deformation dueing welding process-we're only talking 0.5 millimeters here-but i also had to wriggle push pull an jurk it out.
Not a good thing if your bike has ever travelled on wet gravel road, because anything that is dislogged from the underside falls straight into throttle valves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok this may be a dumb question but is there a trick to getting the airbox out of an 06 zx10. i cant get it out
K I just did this, take off 3 tubes from back side, push the front rubber pieces though so they aren't connected any more, turn clockwise.... hard then kind of jerk it... pull out. Also there is one hose mount in the back that likes to get caught on stuff, so watch that.

·
Registered
2011 ZX-10R. Black bikes matter!
66 Posts
K I just did this, take off 3 tubes from back side, push the front rubber pieces though so they aren't connected any more, turn clockwise.... hard then kind of jerk it... pull out. Also there is one hose mount in the back that likes to get caught on stuff, so watch that.
Yet another thread brought back from the dead.

Seriously though, surely you realize that you are responding to a question asked 13 years ago, by a guy who hasn't even been on the forums in over 2 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts