Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got this 10r, and not quite liking the sound. It seems to have 2/3 muzzy exhaust with the carbon fiber can. So im curious if anybody, im sure someone has but still, removed the baffle or half the baffle just to give it a little extra noise. I really like my 750's micron nice and loud, the muzzy is defiantly deep but I kind of want some more noise out of it. So can I get some opinions on maybe half of the baffle removed vs all of it, obviously I don't just want the exhaust to sound like shit. And then I read something, cant find it again, about having to do something about the heat so it doesn't jack with the carbon fiber, can someone point me into the right direction? Also I won't lose any power or mess with my tune if that will it?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Just chop 4"-6" off the can.........or get a D&D if you want something raspy and loud.

·
11,423 Posts
NO sir, no custom tune or remapping needed my friend. i would think you'd come closer needing a re-tune after taking some of the packing or baffling out than you would by copping the can down a few inches.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hmm, I figured removing like half the baffle would be easier anyways tho. Or would that not be a wise route to go, thought I read something about removing half the baffle n getting a metal tube with some coating sprayed on it to absorb heat and insert it in.

·
11,423 Posts
it would be ALOT easier and even give the exhaust/bike a new sound/look if you simply shorten the canister. but whichever way you decide to go...good luck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im kinda meh about chopping at the exhaust. Don't exactly have the right tools around to do so anyways, so figured it would be just removing screws to pull off the end cap n slip out the baffle. Might just leave it the way it is and get used to quietness tho if its gunna be a pain. Thanks for the help tho

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
i chop my muzzy down 8 inches to get the look and sound i was lookin for and couldnt be more happier.
That looks GOOD! Bet it loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts