Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I just did this on my 2016 has anyone else done a 16 yet I'm curious to see how everyone does theres

Did you get a code after removing on your 16'? I'm getting ready to remove mine.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have a question on the 2016. I removed my evap system when I first got the bike months ago and I just hooked the two hoses together. I notice the tank seals much better on this bike than any of my other bikes. When I pull up to fill up there is quite a vacuum in the tank when I open it. Takes a good pull on the cap to get it open and you can hear the sucking sound when you open it. My question is, is this vacuum enough to cause a problem with the pump being able to pump fuel, or cause it to work harder (enough to be a problem)?

Regarding the warning light. With Flash Tune the evap purge valve can be disabled which also prevents the light. Woolich didn't have that option last I looked so when I was using Woolich I just hooked the valve back up but it wasn't connected to anything.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well, to answer my own question, I definitely had things screwed up. :) I basically had the vent capped off so it created quite a vacuum in the tank. Probably made the pump work extra hard. I pull the airbox off tonight and did it right by pulling all 4 evap hoses off of the throttle bodies (2016) and capping them. Capping the red tube and venting the blue tube on the bottom of the tank and pulling all the hosing out that was no longer being used.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
On a side note, I guess I now know why my bike had such a twitchy throttle and wasn't running as smoothly as my 2014. Duh. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Question- On a 2012, if you do not flash the Pair Valve out of the ECU and do not put in a resistor in the empty plug, will the thing still start.

In other words, do you HAVE TO HAVE a resistor or the flash for it to run with the pair valve removed?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
Question- On a 2012, if you do not flash the Pair Valve out of the ECU and do not put in a resistor in the empty plug, will the thing still start.

In other words, do you HAVE TO HAVE a resistor or the flash for it to run with the pair valve removed?

No, you'll just be staring at a warning light all the time. And if something does actually fail, you won't know it because the warning light is always on from the switching valve being removed.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hmm, yeah trying to troubleshoot. Just did the valves for a buddy, buttoned it back up. Turns over, fuel pump is engaging, but won't start. Done the job before with no issues, so it's making me curious haha.

·
Registered
578 Posts
thanks guys! after removing the cali crap on my 13, and the tune, I started having a HUGE fuel odor in the garage, trailer, where the bike was.

then I noticed staining on the left lower panel, where the vent hoses were routed. did some research on here, and Viola!

pulled it apart last night, found the return line was not capped. after capping it, no issues (so far).

bummer the lower is permanently damaged from the vapors (stained yellowish). tried polishing (rubbing compound) it didn't help the worst areas.

at least it wont do it anymore (I hope). Ski

21 - 31 of 31 Posts