Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! This is gonna sound like a newb question, but I honestly never really had this cross my mind before and therefor I have no experience with it. Well, I had changed my front sprocket to a 15t so now my gearing is 15/39. I was wondering if I need to remove a link from my chain? If so how do I do it? Thanks for any replies everyone :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
KwObAbY said:
Hi all! This is gonna sound like a newb question, but I honestly never really had this cross my mind before and therefor I have no experience with it. Well, I had changed my front sprocket to a 15t so now my gearing is 15/39. I was wondering if I need to remove a link from my chain? If so how do I do it? Thanks for any replies everyone :eek:ccasion1
Did you recently install the 15t? if so how far back is the axle now??

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:

BD
I would say if you axel aint hangin off the back of your swing arm with the 15t then I wouldn't worry bout a thang....you'll need the extra wheelbase to try to cope with the harder accelleration...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Daddy said:

BD
I've had the 15t on since last July-August I believe the axle is still in the same position. I just ahd the dealer install it when I had to get the bike repaired from the low side I had. damn sewer cover with sand on it while making a left hand turn :angryfire I'll try to get a picture for you if that will help!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
KwObAbY said:
I've had the 15t on since last July-August I believe the axle is still in the same position. I just had the dealer install it when I had to get the bike repaired from the low side I had. damn sewer cover with sand on it while making a left hand turn :angryfire I'll try to get a picture for you if that will help!
If its been on there since last july/august why are you now thinking that a link needs removing?

BD

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
If its been on there since last july/august why are you now thinking that a link needs removing?

BD

Sounds like you are thinking of removing a link now that you have stretched the chain to the limit?If you have hardly no miles since july I would understand but owning a 10 I dought it, so change the 10 chain you just reached your limit. :badteeth:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts