Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this mod, in particular whether the throttle seems to hang or be slower to return (suspect this may possibly be the case with turbo bikes due to the pressurised intake). This will be on a naturally aspirated '07 track bike, for a weight savings of around 120 grams (over 1/4 pound for those metrically challenged nations :smile: )

Please, no comments on the safety aspect ; I'm well aware of why the return cable is there and don't want to debate whether it should remain or not. I've done this previously on a ZX7 superbike running FCRs without any problems, and all I'm looking for is any actual experience in removing it from the 10.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Y bother

Y would you do such a stupid thing to save 120 grams:dontknow:
Just take a good sh!t b4 the next track day that should save you a 1kg or 2
lol

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this mod, in particular whether the throttle seems to hang or be slower to return (suspect this may possibly be the case with turbo bikes due to the pressurised intake). This will be on a naturally aspirated '07 track bike, for a weight savings of around 120 grams (over 1/4 pound for those metrically challenged nations :smile: )

Please, no comments on the safety aspect ; I'm well aware of why the return cable is there and don't want to debate whether it should remain or not. I've done this previously on a ZX7 superbike running FCRs without any problems, and all I'm looking for is any actual experience in removing it from the 10.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts