Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, fellas!! I just recieved the Ohlins Rear Spring the I got off of Ebay. The one that going for like $30.00. My question to anyone is: How do you remove the spring off the rear shock? Thanks in advance for all who replies!!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also guys please give some good detailed directions!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
590 Posts
are you putting an Ohlins spring on an Ohlin's shock or stock or Penske. Perhaps a few more details on what you are doing and trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Support the rear frame of the bike(not swingarm).Remove shock.Loosen the 2 preload adjustment nuts(located on top of the spring).After spring is loose push up on the bottom retainer ring.Remover retainer wire clip.THAT'S IT.Pull it apart.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Support the rear frame of the bike(not swingarm).Remove shock.Loosen the 2 preload adjustment nuts(located on top of the spring).After spring is loose push up on the bottom retainer ring.Remover retainer wire clip.THAT'S IT.Pull it apart.
Thanks a million!!!!:eek:ccasion1 Also it's for my stock shock!!!! Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Is there a big advantage to be gained using the Ebay Ohlins spring on the stock shock? Anyone know the correct spring from Ohlins for the 06/07 for a rider at 190-200lbs?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks a million!!!!:eek:ccasion1 Also it's for my stock shock!!!! Thanks again!!!
Your welcome,glad I could help.So how do you like the new spring?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Did you ever find out what the stock spring length was? Any visible flaws on the Ohlins spring?

Tread

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It rides nice. I feel so much better in the curves. Feels like night and day. My friends cannot believe it's still on the stock shock. My shock is the shock off of the 05 zx-10!!! Thanks for all the help fellas!!!:thumbsup:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
So what is the stock length of the shock? Also what length did you order?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts