Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is remembrance day, the day that we remember the fallen of all wars. I know its not observed in every country but I feel that it would be good for all to remember those who paid the ultimate price.

So on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month there will be a minutes silence to remember those who have fallen.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest we forget.

The history of remebrance day.

Remembrance Day (Australia, Canada, Colombia, UK and Ireland), also known as Poppy Day (South Africa and Malta), and Armistice Day (UK, New Zealand and many other Commonwealth countries; and the original name of the holiday internationally) is a day to commemorate the sacrifice of veterans and civilians in World War I and other wars. It is observed on November 11 to recall the end of World War I on that date in 1918. The observance is specifically dedicated to members of the armed forces who were killed during war, and was created by King George V of the United Kingdom on November 7, 1919, possibly upon the suggestion of Edward George Honey though Wellesley Tudor Pole established two ceremonial periods of remembrance based on events in 1917.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Harlequin said:
Tomorrow is remembrance day, the day that we remember the fallen of all wars. I know its not observed in every country but I feel that it would be good for all to remember those who paid the ultimate price.

So on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month there will be a minutes silence to remember those who have fallen.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest we forget.

The history of remebrance day.

Remembrance Day (Australia, Canada, Colombia, UK and Ireland), also known as Poppy Day (South Africa and Malta), and Armistice Day (UK, New Zealand and many other Commonwealth countries; and the original name of the holiday internationally) is a day to commemorate the sacrifice of veterans and civilians in World War I and other wars. It is observed on November 11 to recall the end of World War I on that date in 1918. The observance is specifically dedicated to members of the armed forces who were killed during war, and was created by King George V of the United Kingdom on November 7, 1919, possibly upon the suggestion of Edward George Honey though Wellesley Tudor Pole established two ceremonial periods of remembrance based on events in 1917.

Vary nice sir :+1:
Veterans Day in the USA

Attachments

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Go find a veteran and thank them for what they've done!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Thanks for all the words of support. Its make me feel so good when I am out and about in my uniform and someone walks up to me and says thank you.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
zx10x2 said:
Thanks for all the words of support. Its make me feel so good when I am out and about in my uniform and someone walks up to me and says thank you.
the least we can do to show our support and pride for you guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
just what i needed to see. hooah go army. bright spot in my day here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts