Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Using stock wheels, has anyone found/made or come up with a solution to put the rear caliper on the bottom of the swingarm? Zx12r maybe, zx14r not, Attack whatever! Spacing on brake caliper isn't important: stock or Brembo. If anyone can fabricate (will pay through paypal) or point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate your response and the info you've provided. There is a company in Japan that allows you to use a Bremo (less 5% of the pad area so the caliper is mounted lower for clearence) but it's expensive. I was hoping someone had a similar experience as me and I could find someone who can fabricate or modify. Again, thanks....SBK and Motogp and......Formula 1 this weekend!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Well our buddy garth has done this mod and id like to know as well. Hopefully he will chime in.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Well our buddy garth has done this mod and id like to know as well. Hopefully he will chime in.
:+1: that's what i was thinking when i first saw this thread too BUT i'm pretty sure he had aftermarket rims and was using the brembo rear caliper as well......

·
Registered
494 Posts
The one that Garth has requires you to have Marchi's on, I have seen PVM advertise one that you can get, but I dont know how compatible it is with the 04-05 swing arm and stock wheels.

The ZX14, I believe has a different inner rim Diameter, so that wont work.

CARROZZERIA does not make em for the Kawis.

I've had mines (ladybird) for a while but its not a perfect fit, im ok with it cause I don't use the rear brakes enough.

I know there is a Brembo bracket for the 08-10 models but that requires you to change the rear swing arm.

I have talked to Champ about making these, which reminds me, I keep forgetting to contact him for the rest of my parts. So champ, if you see this, oops.
=)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts