Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

1- I'm look to reflash my 2017 Zx-10rr ecu so the question is who's the best in the field / how much does it cost at an average $$ ? / what are your recommendations?

2- which slip-on and connect pipe ( cat removal) will give me the most hp / tq out of experience?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
2 wheel dynoworks has extensive experience tuning the zx10rs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I checked his website he isn't bad at all and he only charges for the first flash the rest of flashes whenever you change modifications are for free.
I'll keep him in mind.

For the time been I'm trying to gather names in order to compare.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I sent mine to Schnitz Racing (Gen 1 ECU) and they sent it back the same day received.

I believe the Gen 1 is pretty basic compared to the options available for your year model, but the quick turnaround is noteworthy.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
If you're going to mail it somewhere, just pick someone. They're all pretty much the same as it's more of a "one size fits all" service in that case that won't be able to do anything for you specific bike. Guhl Motors is a reputable one also to go with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're going to mail it somewhere, just pick someone. They're all pretty much the same as it's more of a "one size fits all" service in that case that won't be able to do anything for you specific bike. Guhl Motors is a reputable one also to go with.
I want to send mine to the best as one hp will have a difference.
I've been searching and found that
Guhl Motors and Nick's performance are from the top tuners.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent mine to Schnitz Racing (Gen 1 ECU) and they sent it back the same day received.

I believe the Gen 1 is pretty basic compared to the options available for your year model, but the quick turnaround is noteworthy.
Thanks for the info but in my case I'll have to ship the ECU international so the time factor isn't so important to me.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well one difference you may find is that 2wheeldynoworks flashes are developed mod specific, it's not one "full system" flash to cover any full system, but they build specific flashes per exhaust and per mod. They use local racers bikes to develop many mods for top performance and ride-ability. For example they developed new velocity stacks just for the zx10r to get an extra bump of top end power. they can tell you which exhaust systems and which mods make the most power.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? You want a mail order tune where one hp will make a difference?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Am I reading this correctly? You want a mail order tune where one hp will make a difference?
I will have to send my (ECU) via the mail to be flashed as I'm only 14 hr away by aeroplane so by doing that I can get a custom flash / tune.
And yes even 1 hp will make a difference as this bike will be race bike only.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well one difference you may find is that 2wheeldynoworks flashes are developed mod specific, it's not one "full system" flash to cover any full system, but they build specific flashes per exhaust and per mod. They use local racers bikes to develop many mods for top performance and ride-ability. For example they developed new velocity stacks just for the zx10r to get an extra bump of top end power. they can tell you which exhaust systems and which mods make the most power.
That is a unique thing not everyone do this.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I will have to send my (ECU) via the mail to be flashed as I'm only 14 hr away by aeroplane so by doing that I can get a custom flash / tune.
And yes even 1 hp will make a difference as this bike will be race bike only.
I want a unicorn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts