Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,to all who have them have they completly eliminated the back firing flames as well(fueling is good as i can get 170 miles on a tank) on decel,as mine is doing it all the time!fitted full akro with custom map 172 bhp/82 ftlbs,and does it at every junction and roundabout in all gears.i exspected the odd one or two now and then but this is silly..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hello,to all who have them have they completly eliminated the back firing flames as well(fueling is good as i can get 170 miles on a tank) on decel,as mine is doing it all the time!fitted full akro with custom map 172 bhp/82 ftlbs,and does it at every junction and roundabout in all gears.i exspected the odd one or two now and then but this is silly..
so you installed the reed block off plates and now get 170 miles per gallon?!?!
really??!! what was your original mileage per tank? around 120 correct?

i would like to know cuz that sounds like a winning mod right there.

·
Registered
772 Posts
170:eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

i can barely make it to 100 before the lights on, what am i doing wrong. it was the same when the stock exhaust was still on.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
read my mods list in newbie section under (newbie from uk),that tank range is when it conked out on me, as i wanted to see what it would do on a full tank after custom mapping before i went to france two weeks ago,(done at pdq in the uk by nick who spanered for barry sheen for many years!!!!)..i don't bullshit ever!all i wont to know is do the block off plates do a lot?as the back firing is pissing me off.ps reserve light came on at 128 miles and it died on 169.6 miles!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
In most cases, yes the block off plates stop the backfiring. You can also add some fuel at 0% and 5% throttle to fix it. However, don't forget exhaust leaks cause backfiring like a mofo too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.