Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
lights dont trigger b/c there's plates under the ground and the weight of a bike bike and the rider arent heavy enough to trigger the plate to trip the light, i work for the hwy dept and we to train on this topic bout traffic signal and stuff, there is a product on the market that mounts to the bottom fairing of bikes and it HELPS trigger lights... doesnt necessairly trigger every light thou b/c some lights are on a timer so they change whenever its time 4 them to.... i think most lights are set at 1000 to 1500 lbs b/c if they were lighter then a person or group of persons walking across the top of them could do it

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only ones I really have problems with are early in the morning when I go to work. I usually stop, then run them, but there is hardly any traffic at all on the road at 4 a.m. and I'm also a police officer. I've been pulled for it and explained the situation have never been cited or even warned for it. Most cops will understand you just have to explain your situation correctly so the officer understands that your not just trying to get out of a ticket, however, most cops are well aware of the issues with traffic signals and motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
rocketracermike said:
they don't use weight here. Magnetic is what most state use. it really sucks to on those lights.
Here in Cali they use magnets. Bikes dont put off enough static electricity to trigger the device. I have cautiously went through a light after stting there for 3 min or watching the other lights go through 2 or 3 cycles and mine side not change. I bought 4 oz magnet and put it in the trunk and it seen to help a little. I just have to be in the right spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts