Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 07 zx10r stolen out of my shed in my back yard. When i saw the door cracked open that morning my heart sank. To see the shed empty i almost cried. Called the police and waited. A month is how long it took but really it took 20 years. When i went to pick her up from the impound i couldnt believe my eyes. My baby had been violated. I took such great care of her. Changed fluids every 2000 miles, kept indoors and in a climate controlled shed i had built just to house my 2 bikes. They also took the 2015 Indian Scout 60. I have yet to hear about that one. 2 beautiful bikes i paid cash for with money my grandmother left me. She was sitting in impound naked as a jay bird. Side fairings were off, levers broken, no seats (still trying to figure that one out) and scratches down the left side from being laid over in a high speed chase. Tires going flat but she seemed to run okay. I rode her around for about a week. Calculated the cost of repair and the day before i was ready to place my orders i was on my way home from work when the red light started to flash and the FI light came on. No loss of power no performance drop. This was at about 100mph on the highway. Got her home. Let her cool down and was going to check the codes but she turned over just fine and no code was given. Rode her some more then the red light went off but this time it was the low oil pressure light and it was at low speeds. About 35mph. No loss of power ot performance and no over heating. I was on my way to work so i got her to work and again no code and started right up but i noticed a bolt missing on the oil pump cover. It was the very middle bolt. Rode home with light flashing and she dies once. Still no loss of power, no performance drop but i was going very slow. The next day on my way home from work at about 25 mph she died on me. Again no loss of power or performance and no overheating. This time when i started her up there was a knocking that with my helmet on i could feel more than i could hear. The next day she wouldnt start and hasnt since other than a few seconds. She backfires on startup, knocks loudly, smokes from tail pipe and engine and reeks of sulfur. Seems to be a problem. After consulting with the forum it seems a full inspection is needed of the engine and its parts so thats what i am doing.

As of now she is suspended from the ceiling in the garage. The front end at least. I have removed the radiator and today during my 4 hour break between shifts i plan on removing the engine completely. I will post pics of how she looked, how she looks and where i am in the process and updates on everything i do. I guess this will be my daily rebuild journal. Might come in handy later if i forget i did something. Gives me something to look back on. Thanks everyone. Please dont be afraid to comment on tip and tricks you might have, if anyone has parts for sale (OEM or aftermarket) and just general knowledge on the 07 kawasaki zx1000 aka 07 zx10r.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really sorry to hear that some lowlife stole your pride and joy, I'd be abslutely gutted as well. Fingers crossed you'll be able to build her back up better than ever.
One question, did you check the oil level when the low oil level light came on? Just wondering if the knocking you felt was from the big end...hopefully not.
Good luck with the rebuild, I'll be watching with interest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts