Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking for some better MP3 format burning software out there. All of my songs in my collection are .mp3 format, and my head unit in my car can play MP3 format CDs. I'm having trouble finding a good program that does the job well, without all the crazy bells and whistles. I don't need a fancy program, I don't need another media player, I just want to put 100+ songs on 1 cd. What program is the best to you, in terms of ease of use and such? Free is always good, but I am willing to pay for a good product. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
nero is pretty straight forward. I have been using it or versions of it for the last 8 years.

The most straight forward conversion MP3 software (.wav to .mp3 or .mp3 to .wav) is cdex. It lets you rip at 320kbps.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
itunes...easy for me, free, and works with all my mp3 players. but then again, i don't use my PC to hold my music. That's what the MAC is for.

and just to add, doesn't windows media player burn mp3 cds?

and nero 8 is such a waste of hard drive space. IMO.

·
Registered
636 Posts
So far, it's looking like ImgBurn only makes audio CDs...not mp3 CDs. Yes, it supports the .mp3 format, but it doesn't make an actual MP3 CD.

Never thought it'd be so damn difficult to find mp3 format burning software that isn't loaded with useless accessories...lol
mac or pc?

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Yeah, cant you just direct burn them to a cd? There's no conversion or special software needed. Windows can probably do that for you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey guys,

Looking for some better MP3 format burning software out there. All of my songs in my collection are .mp3 format, and my head unit in my car can play MP3 format CDs. I'm having trouble finding a good program that does the job well, without all the crazy bells and whistles. I don't need a fancy program, I don't need another media player, I just want to put 100+ songs on 1 cd. What program is the best to you, in terms of ease of use and such? Free is always good, but I am willing to pay for a good product. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
what software are you currently using?

you just need to burn a "data" cd with all the mp3's your interested on it should be easy and simple with any burning software

·
Registered
697 Posts
Before I got a stereo with an ipod input, I used mp3 cd's. I just used windows and burned the data cd like I mentioned earlier, I was even able to keep everything in folders so it was easier to go through with the remote while driving. I dont know if that'll work for you, but it's worth a shot.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Isnt it included in windows? I havent done it in a ffew years, but you should be able to select the files to burn and then make a data CD instead of music.

:iamwithst:+1: windows media player is the most simple way to burn an MP3 disc... just change your settings from audio to data.. u will be able to get around 155 songs per CD (give or take).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just get with the times and buy an ipod and an ipod capable deck and use itunes and forget about a 100 songs go with thousands instead imho

·
Registered
411 Posts
i make mp3 CD's all the time (same deal, my car has an mp3 player in it)...

all i do is burn the music straight to a CD using just the basic windows burner (comes with the operating system)...
highlight the files you want - send to drive "e"..... or just copy and paste the files into your CD drive, and then when you've got everything you want in there, click "write these files to CD" (top left) It will burn them as data, and as long as your files are already in mp3 format (like u said they are), you'll be able to play em straight away.

If your mp3player is the same as mine, you don't have to worry about the music being divided into folders or anything either...

Most of my CD's are 1artist per CD.
So i have 1 cd for "Live" (the artist name) and each folder on the CD is a different album of theirs.
1cd for Foo fighters, 1 for Red Hot Chili Peppers, 1 for pearl jam, 1 for incubus... etc.

works GREAT for me!

N.B your basic burning software in windows just burns as 'data-format'.... so so long as you've got all your music in mp3 (or a common music format) already, then it'll play.

EDIT: No, I'm not talking about Windows Media Player... just incase u were confused

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey guys,

Dude just use windows. You dont have to go out and buy software that windows does for free. Just pop in a CD, open up the CD drive and drag the MP3s to it. When it asks you if you want to burn it as a music cd or data cd, pick data cd. You can then play it on MP3 capable cd players.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts