Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, leather. Nothing beats leather. I do have leather pants that I zip to my leather jacket when I hit the twisties hard on the weekends but for around town, I need something better then my hollister destroy jeans. Those things would shred like lettuce, lol. Anyone have any experience with the reinforced jeans with armor? Kevlar? I do wear my sidi vertigos and leather jacket all the time. Just worried about my legs for around town.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have some Cortech ones that I like. They have leather panels in the butt & knees, and CE knee armor built in.

The only downside is that you can't throw them in the dryer. They're hang-dry only. If the kevlar ones (Icon, Draggin Jeans, etc) are machine dryable, I'd go with those instead.

Also, the knee armor fits in pockets inside the jeans. I wouldn't count on it staying on your knee in a crash, but it should at least protect against the initial impact.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas! :thumbsup: rep sent!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting, never heard of them before. Looks good though. Did you rock any armor with yours?
No, just wore the jeans with no armor underneath, but this was also back several years ago when i was young and dumb.... :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
No, just wore the jeans with no armor underneath, but this was also back several years ago when i was young and dumb.... :badteeth:
Check cyclegear web site. They have some A-star textile with leather patch and all textile pants. I have a pair of First gear textile with leather on Knee and hips with the padding. They look casual enough for me to get in some clubs that do not have dress codes... When I went to clubs that is...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts