Votes: 16 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about people crashing. Just out of curiosity I want to know how many people have crashed and when.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
08/08/06 car pulled out in front of me and I hit him going about 40.broken left ankle, spleen ruptured, left knee ripped open (piece of car in it), left arm had many cuts from window exploding on me

·
Registered
840 Posts
A couple of small low speed crashes in my 17 yrs. riding on the street. Unless you want to talk dirt and then it's another story... ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had two incidents in three rides.

#1 Cold day, pulling out of my dorm parking lot going to work, rear met the front end in a low speed left hand turn. totaled the R6 because of other scratches and whatnot.

#2 Riding an 04 R6 with over 6 other people, one being a good friend. The new riders were weeded out when they couldnt keep up. I got tired of being behind a slower rider on an orange and black trbal flame 600rr, so I passed him. Good thing too, I picked up a concrete stake in my rear, let all my air out the guy on the 600rr could witness me wreck. He said I hit the brakes, then he blinked and there was my bike flipping through the air and god knows what I did. From the looks of the helmet I slid on my face. They found me 60 feet from the road, 1 foot from a concrete covert and next to a street sign passed out. I was in ICU for two days, and my own room for another day before they let me go. I couldn't bend my knee for over a month, I had to support my head when leaning back, and my shoulder had a mild seperation. I had no broken bones, just got my noggen smashed around. The R6 had a brand new nose, brand new left crank case cover and brand new left clip-on. All trashed. It was reduced to a rolling chasis and an engine. I picked up the 05 636 before I could get back on a bike. The guy leading was on an 04 GSXR 1K, he has since sold both his bikes, my friend was riding a 04 cbr1Krr, he debates selling his claiming the thrill of riding has be lost since my accident. I keep on riding everyday and have put 3000 miles on the 636

·
Registered
335 Posts
I crashed a few times last year on the track with the racebike, none so far this year.

Only road crash was in 2004, herniated disc and bruising.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
last crash i was goin through a left hand sweeper, i got spooked mid corner while my knee was down. tried to get back on the throttle and gave it too much. was in full leathers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
crashed twice when i was 17...havent had anything since...unfortanetly my friend who i rode with was killed sunday, apparently something went wrong with the pistons on the front brakes and he ran into a tool shed on the side of the road..not alot was known about it cuz he wasnt riding with anybody..ill miss him he was hilarious and one of the better riders around here

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Have yet to crash a road bike, but low-sided a moped doing 30mph as a kid. Familiar with road rash, and put a YZ80 through a tree as well. Ahhhh the good ol' days.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
when i low sided years ago. a lady found my wallet and gave it to my buddy. when i got it back. my money was missing. I wreck and got rob all at the sametime.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I've lowsided 6 times thus far, nothing big yet fortunately.

My last time was Nov. 2004. God , I hope I'm not due for another one soon.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Does skateboarding with the 100 plus pound dog count? Damn palm frond in the street.
I was probably going about 15 mph. This was saturday.

Get those skateboarding kids of yours to wear gloves!

Feels like I'm a kid again with some roadrash...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's pathetic, you need to find a new buddy. :mrgreen:
:+1:

At least you got your stuff back, it's always a hassle going to the DMV and getting all your credit cards...I don't really care about the cash, it's just a hassle to lose a wallet.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts