Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some ZX-14R Nissin calipers for my Gen2. I'm not sure how long they were sitting when I got them, but I know they have sat on my bench long enough to merit a rebuild for sanity's sake.

What parts do I need/should I replace? Seals, etc. Where can I find part numbers for them? Would they be Kawasaki part numbers?

Maybe some stupid questions, but I can't find the answers.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Remove and clean the pistons. Replace seals. Kawasaki parts on the seal replacements.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought some ZX-14R Nissin calipers for my Gen2. I'm not sure how long they were sitting when I got them, but I know they have sat on my bench long enough to merit a rebuild for sanity's sake.

What parts do I need/should I replace? Seals, etc. Where can I find part numbers for them? Would they be Kawasaki part numbers?

Maybe some stupid questions, but I can't find the answers.

I just went to my Kawi dealer for seals. If the bolts and bleed screws are not stripped and are in good shape just reuse them.
Hopefully you have access to a air compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced some seals a while ago. Here in the UK powerhouse do a complete kit. Including both seals and washers etc for £48. Not sure the cost of delivery to US tho

Look at this on eBay Kawasaki ZX-10-R D6-F 20-06 Tokico radial front brake caliper seal repair kit | eBay

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Shipping doesn't look to hateful. They have a listing for a Nissin kit. Not sure if anything is any different in it.

Does anyone know if this would work for my 14R Nissin calipers? Didn't the 6R have the same ones?

Kawasaki ZX6 R ZX 6R 09 10 2011 2012 Nissin Radial Front Brake Caliper Seal Kit | eBay

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Reactions: mpp12

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks @SkyDork. I needed a few random fasteners as well, plus an OEM cowl, so I ordered from Ron Ayers. Way cheaper than the local shop that really wanted to stick it to me. Even with shipping, I saved $60. They can eat my ass, just wanted to support a local business.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I've got these things tore down and they really weren't gummed up bad or anything. Should I clean them with any product, or just wipe them out with a clean rag?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Zx14 oem caliper parts

Doing the zx14r caliper rebuild as we speak! Use all oem parts except the titanium probolt a pad pin bolts and bleeder nipples. Zx14 brake caliper seals parts : 8 of 43049-0006 & 8 of 43049-0007. 2 of 92049-1448. 4 spring pads 92145-0436.$145

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So, the one part listed there is oil for the seals I think. Is there something else I can use to lubricate them? I already have everything else I need.

I'm assuming I can just use brake fluid to lubricate the seals?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.