Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to purchase an 06-07 zx10r. I've been offering about $5500 as its winter and prices are kinda low, but most seem to want $7500 for an 06 which seems kinds crazy to me. Whats a good price I should offer for a bike?

·
Registered
253 Posts
5500 seems a little low for a 06-07 that does not have damage. Stockish clean 1st gen's are selling for right around 5k here in new england. id say 6000 for a 06 and u may find something

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
heres a nice 07 not far from you and well worth the price imo.2007 Kawasaki ZX10 with only 1800 miles on it. Comes with Dymag Carbonfiber wheels, Ceramic brake rotors, Ohlins rear shock & fork valving, scorpion carbon fiber exhaust, frame sliders & more! Never been down, $7500 bucks firm! This is your chance to get a sweet bike at half the cost... over $7000 in accessories!
Its at peak honda in lenox

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
You have to factor in the miles, condition and mods. Dealers will try to sell a bike for that amount but private sellers will charge much less, I'd say 6500. Depends on the variables I had mention; you will need to find that out then maybe you can get a better estimate from here.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Im looking to purchase an 06-07 zx10r. I've been offering about $5500 as its winter and prices are kinda low, but most seem to want $7500 for an 06 which seems kinds crazy to me. Whats a good price I should offer for a bike?
For a clean title mint 06-07 with the Economy being the way it is, you should be able to buy one for less then $6000! Also, if you don't mind a new left over '08 cbr 1000rr, there are dealers still selling them for $6500-$7000 OTD! And the '08/'09 1000rr's are bad a$$!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Most of the bikes i've seen have atleast 4k miles on them and are solar/yellow. Maybe its me, but from observation it doesn't seem like anyone wants to pick them up. Thanks for the info though. I assumed the price was ok since I just missed out on a zx14 that went for $5300 on ebay.

Guess i'll just have to catch that deal when it pops up.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
heres a nice 07 not far from you and well worth the price imo.2007 Kawasaki ZX10 with only 1800 miles on it. Comes with Dymag Carbonfiber wheels, Ceramic brake rotors, Ohlins rear shock & fork valving, scorpion carbon fiber exhaust, frame sliders & more! Never been down, $7500 bucks firm! This is your chance to get a sweet bike at half the cost... over $7000 in accessories!
Its at peak honda in lenox
All that work and 3" chicken strips? I will just assume the tires are new haha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cyclepuck,
Thanks for the suggestion, but Im not looking to spend that much on a bike yet. Still have the 600 i need to get rid of in the garage.
Nice bike though :thumbsup:

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
6k is a pretty reasonable price for a decent shape 06/07. Keep surfing craigs and the forums and it shouldn't be too long before you find a good one.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i agree with ripper that 6k is about the mark for a bike in good to great shape. I just picked up my 08 (in socal where everything is ridiculous) for 7100. the deals are there man, just be patient and you will find the right one eventually.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Like stated before stay under $6k and the bike should not exceed 4-5k miles and near mint condition.
In Caly thats a near miracle to find we all understand the market out there.
But through-out the midwest thats an everyday price.
Factoring in you can buy new, 06-07's thru ebay at high $6k's,granted you have to travel abit to get there but it's a new bike.
Then the 2010's are out so new 08's are going for $7500 everyday.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

$7500 for an 06?:dontknow:
I bought my 06 with 900 miles on it in Spring of 07 for $6000 and that was from a dealer!!
Fall of 07 I drove down to Kentucky and grabbed an 06 with 5500 miles on it for $5000. for a friend of mine.
We are at 2 years later now........

Find yourself an 08/09 for that price...its a much better bike anyways.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You can buy just about any bike you want for Kelly Blue Book Trade in Value right now.

Thats all I would offer.

I've been looking for a 600 just for track days and I've found some really good deals.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can buy just about any bike you want for Kelly Blue Book Trade in Value right now.

Thats all I would offer.

I've been looking for a 600 just for track days and I've found some really good deals.
Talk about a nice deal for a track bike, i picked up a '07 Triumph Daytona with a clean title for $3500 earlier this year. And all it needed was an upper! For some reason the headlights, gauges, mirrors, everything but the upper was in perfect condition! And found an upper for $100!:smile:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$7500 for an 06?:dontknow:
I bought my 06 with 900 miles on it in Spring of 07 for $6000 and that was from a dealer!!
Fall of 07 I drove down to Kentucky and grabbed an 06 with 5500 miles on it for $5000. for a friend of mine.
We are at 2 years later now........

Find yourself an 08/09 for that price...its a much better bike anyways.
Yeah, I thought something was a miss lately. I've had myself set on the 06-07 cause I like the tail exhaust look, but I think I might start looking at the 08/09's now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts