Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for some new rearsets, ready to make the investment... but what to choose!?!? Its a little overwhelming, types of footpegs, folding tips/fixed tips, infinite positioning/adjustable to a certain amount/fixed, heel guards no heel guards.. however in the "post your track bike" I noticed a few familiar choices... Vortex, Woodcraft, Gilles.... What does everyone recommend or like???? so far I have kind of narrowed down my choices... I really like the CRG SSR's but have failed to find ANY reviews on them for the 08 ZX10, but then for about $100 less I can get the Gilles Tooling AS31gt's which I have heard are pretty nice, they are compatible with my stock rear brake pressure switch, they are fully adjustable (not infinitely like the VCRs which I can't justify paying $100 more for, just for the "infinitely adjustable" feature, is that worth it anyways??), AND come with carbon fiber heel guards....But the CRG SSR's will compliment my CRG levers nicely and look pretty sick, and have folding tips! hmmmm Whats a man to do??? I do know one thing, ANY choice will be better than stock rearsets lol, thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
good stuff magic! those rear sets look sick, and less expensive than the others! doesn't say anything about the rear brake pressure switch, just says it requires steel lines.. and also do they come with the shift rod, or would it just use my stock one??? ... thats weird, glad I posted... the CRGs are on kneedraggers.com right now lol... they have been for months... hmmm good to know, and the crg levers are niiiice i agree

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I use Vortex Rearset (black) with fixed pegs and no rear brake sensor and absolutely love them. They are priced right and absolutely love them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No rear switch comes with the attacks but I made a plug and play rear pressure banjo switch for mine.

"Most" rear sets will require a longer rear brake line if you actually want enough play in the brake line to move them around. I bought a Goodridge Superbike line from Dennis Kirk but Attack also has them.

You use the stock shift rod with Attacks.

The Attacks have very sharp edges on the outer end of the pegs where you can place your boot without fear of it sliding off the peg.

I have the CRG Folding levers. Nice levers.

Use the forum search for attack rear sets. Highly recommend doing that before buying another brand.

I hate everything Vortex. Sorry guys, just my opinion.

Thank you so much magic!!!! I will def take a look at em, and they look like they are in my price range as well! I may have to hit you up for assistance with the rear pressure banjo switch and suggestions for brakelines...

I def like the idea of having a sharp edge on the end because on the stock ones my foot felt like it was on a slip n slide
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made 2 of those plug and play pressure switches. One is on my bike. The other one I believe is in my FREE Items but you pay for the shipping box. I was going to list that stuff over the weekend sometime. I will see if I can find it.

Someone mentioned SATO. Always good stuff from them. Unfortunately there are many SATO phony knockoffs on eBay and quality is questionable on the fakes.. SATO also has had in the past issues with cheap bolts to round off.

Vortex is popular among the race crowd, due to being less expensive, spare parts cheap and they appear to hold up well in crashes. However I am not a fan of their design.

The Attacks have very hi-quality bolts, heim joints and bearings on the lever. For my money they are the way to go.

I believe 9R to 10R has the RIZOMA's. You might want to PM him and get more info.

Pic of mine attached.
i think im sold magic!!! price is right, features and quality im looking for!! :goodpost: :goodpost:

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
i've had four different types of rearsets: sato, gilles, vortex and attack. attacks are my favorite by far.

for hand levers i really like asv. have the pazzos on one of my bikes and the asvs on the other and you can't compare the fit/finish and adjustability that you get with asv.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Ilove my attack rearsets best ever

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am actually in the same boat. Did all the searches and everyone has a favorite. I really like the Attacks. I need lots of adjustability. Can any tell me how far down and back the Attacks can go from stock? Can the brackets be flipped like the Vortex?
Thanks.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Dont get enticed by the "infinite adjustments" stuff..
You'll probably just find one setting that you're comfortable with.
So the "infinity minus one" settings are just there for bling.. lol

ANyway..
If you have a GEN 1 and if you want to use Quick shifter later on, do NOT get VORTEX, they simply dont match, they dont fit as I have learned the hard way.
Get the gilles.. looks good, performs good... :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I actually need the adjustment. Bad knee. I need to stretch it out as much as I can. It would be nice to be able to put it back though if I ever make a track day.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I have Rizomas on my 06 and they are awesome, I also opted for the extra grippy race pegs and carbon fiber heel gaurds, that pretty much put them in another stratozphere as far as price goes, but I had to have them. I think with the extras they were over 700$. But they are the be all of rear sets, Moto GP teams (Scot Honda and the Ducati teams run Rizoma stuff so you know they are good)
On Blue Max I have Harris SBK sets, at 645$ they aint cheap either, but I got nothing but good things to say about them as well, Harris makes top notch products as well, they actually fielded a complete bike in Moto GP.

For the money though, MM is right Attack makes the best for the money, they make awesome parts!

Oh and good pictures of both are in the gallery

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys! I'm sold, my attack rearsets are on their way! they fit my budget right now and have everything I want! thanks a lot to RPG76 for that awesome link!

·
Registered
541 Posts
thanks guys! I'm sold, my attack rearsets are on their way! they fit my budget right now and have everything I want! thanks a lot to RPG76 for that awesome link!
No worries.
They are works of art, very very nice! Post up a pic with them on for me. I'd order a set my self but I'm getting married soon, you would not believe what all this stuff you "need" for a wedding costs :eyecrazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts