Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just thought of something but cant figure it out. on rearsets its 1 down 5 up right. well you use the top of your foot to up shift. why doesnt a company make a lever to shift with your heel up? does that make sense? only reason I ask is cause due to my accident back in august my ankle is almost fused together and I dont have a lot of range of moitin in it. I can up shift but takes just a second longer to do so. would there be a reason why you wouldnt want to up shift with your heel?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
natisfinestzx10r said:
on harleys an alot of cruisers they actually have this set up:dontknow:
ya I have seen that but why not sport bikes? when I get my satos I am gonna see about machining a part to do this for the time being until my foot is fully healed. once the screws are out and the therapy is done I think it will be as good as new.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just put you an air shifter on it. I've rode harley's with the heal-toe shifter and I can't stand them. After you shift you have to concentrate on putting your foot back on the "floor board" just right. If you are not paying attention you could very easily step on the shifter and shift again. My foot seemed to just exactly fit between the two shifters.

·
Registered
343 Posts
:iamwithst

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have seen it with cruisers and have rode the kawasaki 2000 and couldnt stand it either.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
+1 for the Air Shiter, you can always go back, GP shifting pattern is easy to do to if after your therepy that is easier than conventional setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts