Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the problem, after I put all new bodywork on my bike (after a wreck) I have not been able to get the rear turn signals to work. I've triple checked the fuses and there fine. I ran power to the bulbs there working fine. I've check my grounds there clean and tight. I have no front signals due to the shark skinz front racing faring which eliminates them, but I dont think that has anything to do with the problem. When I hit the turn signal switch I dont get a flashing indication in the in the gage cluster like it should. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kory

·
Registered
319 Posts
First, did you sell a set of stock exhaust and shipped them to Hawaii??? If yes, I bought them from you.

Second, I believe the turn signal electrical system is a close loop, meaning you need all the light-bulbs. You mentioned you don't have front bulbs, you might need them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tonight I plugged in the front turn signals and still no signals at all, next I tried to splice the wiring for the front signals into one another to close the electrical loop, still no rear signals?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and Yes Hector I sold you the stock exhaust, not to change the thread. Hope your project is coming together.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, the intent is for the light bulbs to be installed, not to attach the wires to each other. I think you blew the fuse. If you do not want to install the light bulbs, you will need to install a resistor. It will fool the flashing unit and make it think there is light bulb installed. I do not know the ammount of ohms required.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Check the turn signal switch. It sounds to me like something got knocked loose or broken. If you are hitting the switch and nothing comes on not even on the guage cluster I'd start there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the inputs, It was the turn signal switch. I pulled it apart this morning after walking away from it last night, and discovered a small broken piece on the swith contacts. I fixed it and just wanted to confirm that you can run only rear turn signals, it will work without the fronts it just blinks a little faster. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts