Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when I bought my bike it had a Shinko Ultra Soft tire on it. And now with 2500 miles on it she is pretty well bald. I spin the hell out of it all the time usually all the way through first and part of second. I'm not necessarily looking for a tire that is not going to spin because I would rather not have the front end come up. But more a tire that is going to last longer and still offer good grip. Now my bike is stretched 8"a and lowered 2"s so tire spin is going to be an issue no matter what. But any insight you guys can give me is going to help this sport bike noob. Thanks

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
the shinko is gonna offer the best grip. its a sticky tire made for hooking. anything that will last longer means its a harder compound rubber and will actually spin even more. Im at 10-11in over and have a 2ct which is a good tire, but if i wanna shit and get, its not really the best choice bec the center is harder. Itll last abt twice as long as a shinko under reg riding, but wen i do pin it, 1st-3rd are useless

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I would say use the same tire than you have in the front.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Wonder if some suspension work to make her squat more during acc would help..

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Man it doesn't matter what tire u have, at 8in over, ull spin any tire on asphalt, but suspension work will help if u can get the ass to squat more

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Man it doesn't matter what tire u have, at 8in over, ull spin any tire on asphalt, but suspension work will help if u can get the ass to squat more
this. unless you wanna get the Hookup or Power One. Then you might not. lol. Suspension work and throttle/clutch modulation if you dont want to spin. I like the Pilot Power I have on mine right now. Not so much for drag racing though, gonna get me a U-Soft as my next tire in a week or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts