Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure are people setting at for drags?
I'm sure track conditions.. riders weight.. etc. are factors.
170lbs.. 190/50pilot powers..

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Is your bike stretched or does it have any serious power adders?

Stock wheel base, you probably wont need to play around much with the pressure just because its more likely that the bike will wheelie than it will spin.

Stretched will depend on track prep. The better the prep, the more air you can run. At my local 1/8mi the prep is pretty good and I had no problem hooking up with my 190/55 Pilot Power @35psi when I was stretched 6" over, -1/+5 gearing and lowered/strapped.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea stock wheel base.. Was just trying to eliminate some wheel spin off the line..
Had pilot pures 190/55 but wouldnt hook up for crap so i went back to the pilot powers 190/50.. Not set up for drags just wanted to make the best of what i had to roll with..

second butterfly removed.. akrapovic slip on.. 16/40.. balls..

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
What PSI have you been running it at? Are you doing a burnout before your pass? Drop 5 PSI out of em and see if that solves your issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bout 35 32.. burn out most of the time.. watched videos n see wheels spinning more then i think it shold or i could be wrong.. i soften rear suspention a little too..

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Give 26-28 a try and see how that responds.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
No prob. Im by no means the fastest guy or smartest guy on this subject, but Im just passin on whats helped me through my past year of drag racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts