Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since i won the intergrated rear light for my 06 10r. I was thinkin about putting the a race fairing rear tail. i was lookin at the hotbodies or sharkskinz. Has anyone put these on and cut out the hole for the rear light, and if you have is it hard?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Rather than go that route, why don't you just shave off the holes for the stock turn signals and repaint the tail? I think that would be much easier rather than having to fabricate some type of bracket to hold the new tail light.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shave off the holes? sorry lost me there... i also like the look of no seat...i mean i have the cowl, but the one piece is sexy!

·
Registered
442 Posts
:+1:
Rather than go that route, why don't you just shave off the holes for the stock turn signals and repaint the tail? I think that would be much easier rather than having to fabricate some type of bracket to hold the new tail light.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
shave off the holes? sorry lost me there... i also like the look of no seat...i mean i have the cowl, but the one piece is sexy!
Shaving is taking the turn signal assembly out, cutting a piece of plastic to fit in the opening and then bonding it in there and smoothing it over. Plastic shaving is not hard as long as you use the right 2 part epoxy to bond everything together. I have been very successful with plastic projects like that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true. but i like the one piece idea...but who knows...plenty of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts