Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys thoughts on adding teeth on rear sprocket with dropping a tooth in the front? Will it give you any more low end to combine or just go with front sprocket?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Bluedevil and myself are at 16-40 and I personally love it. Nice low end and moves the vibrations out of cruising range. You will need a Speedohealer if you dont already have one.

Tread

·
Registered
620 Posts
i am at 16front and 42rear but i also drag race my bike, but i love the pull it has. with my bike lowered and forks run up i can still pull the front wheel for a wheelie, but commin down isn't always fun for the header.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Tread70 said:
Bluedevil and myself are at 16-40 and I personally love it. Nice low end and moves the vibrations out of cruising range. You will need a Speedohealer if you dont already have one.

Tread
Yep..really like the 16/40, not sure I would like the 16/41 or higher unless I just used my bike for drag racing only or no Hwy runs. I feel the 16/40 is the limit without being in major RPMs for just cruising on the HWY. Not knocking anyone that goes higher for their bike it's all preference and what you can handle or tolerate.

1killer has 16/41 and we all did a 250mile + trip last month and did not hear him complain. We both drag race too, so if you think it can be a concern I would start low(16t) and go up from there.:idea:

·
Registered
145 Posts
no you dont , i ride 16 in front i love the it pulls.. it's a cheap adj..and you notice a big diffrence..maybe later i,ll go +1 on the rear

·
Registered
620 Posts
onetoncj said:
any comments on just going +3 in the rear and leaving the front alone???

basically its like going 1 down in the front

·
Registered
219 Posts
i dont know much about this sproket stuff but i have heard that going 1 up in the front is a great little mod, so i want to do it. Do i just order the sproket and thats all? no chain or anything? whats this 520 conversion i always hear about?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
fullsleeves said:
i dont know much about this sproket stuff but i have heard that going 1 up in the front is a great little mod, so i want to do it. Do i just order the sproket and thats all? no chain or anything? whats this 520 conversion i always hear about?
You'll want to go 1 DOWN in the front. Go 1 up in the front and you'll be hatin' life.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
fullsleeves said:
whats this 520 conversion i always hear about?

In order to do the 520 mod is to change the sprockets (front and rear) and change the chain aswell to a 520 size, FWIW the stock size is 525. I would do a search on the subject as some have gotten some damage from their 520 chain breaking, but others have many miles on theirs with no issues. So, that leaves it up to you as far as going to the 520 mod.

Tread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts