Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me, I’d like to find out what the general working range (pounds per inch or kg/mm) is for rear springs in the ‘06-‘07. My interest is in solo riding, primarily track work.

Reason for asking, I have a titanium rear spring that I was running on my old ZX7R superbike, which I’m keen to install on my incoming ’07.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Approximately 500 lbs/inch and a 3:1 motion ratio from tire to shock.

The easiest way to check if its compatible is to stand on both and see if they have the same measurement of compression.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much guys. If that number is the standard rate, then my 9.5 should work fairly well in a track environment at a middling pace (albeit given I weigh over 100kg, I imagine it will be a bit soft if I can ever get up to a decent turn of speed).

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hidey Ho!

Check out www.racetech.com and do a spring rate search for the bike. It atleast puts you in the ballpark.

Stock as measured is apparently 8.3kg/mm (x 56) = 465lb/in.

Racetech recc for 100kg racing plus gear is 10.24kg/mm = 573lb/in.

Hope that helps mate.

Cheers

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks mate, interesting indeed. Given I'm more of a wobbler than a racer, and I've already invested far too much money in the ti spring, I'll give that a go first ; if it's no good it can go on my ZXR trackbike, but I should at least give it a shot.

And I'll ignore that previous jibe on the vegemite, a kangaroo steak and a bucket of prawns are far more enjoyable ! :lol:

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts