Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any used any of the rear shock offerings from Hyperpro, or Matris? It seems like everyone only speaks of Ohlins, Penske and Elka.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I got a penske f/s...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have the Matris in my 600RR and it is freakin awesome. Just put the front fork kit in too, but yet to set it up 100%, as they are taller etc. (on the 600RR)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
cyclops24 said:
Has any used any of the rear shock offerings from Hyperpro, or Matris? It seems like everyone only speaks of Ohlins, Penske and Elka.
I have a Fox and Race Tech internals on one of my rides. A Penske and Traxxion on the other. These are the only ones that I have tried out so far.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
WP make good shocks , I have used them in the past , however rebuilds had to be sent back to the factory, I dont know if this is still their policy or wether they are rebuildable now , they were taken over by KTM a long time ago so they know how to build bike shocks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah yes, I forgot about WP. I would almost guess aftermarket shock would be better over the stock unit. So maybe I should just see what the prices are and go from there. I really like the Elka but I have been more than pleased with my Hyperpro dampner so I thought maybe their shocks are just as good. I wish you could specify colors and make a custom shock to match the bike though. I think the Hyperpro would look a little weird on the green 10.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well the Matris are a work of art to look at, very classy and extremely well made. But more importantly they work very very well. Like I said, works great on my 600RR and I was already using a re-worked stock unit (valved etc)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts