Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new rear shock and I am going to have to get a new spring. I have talked to everyone from Traxxion to Superbike suspension and even dan kyle. I keep getting different answers about the quality of each spring. Traxxion lives Hyperco springs, superbike suspension likes ohlins and eibach, and Dan lives Ohlins. Do any of you have any experience with any of these springs either first hand or info from your suspension tunner? Any help would be great.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
They are all about as good as each other , Eibach are very mainstream in the racing world as are hypercoils, you cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are all about as good as each other , Eibach are very mainstream in the racing world as are hypercoils, you cant go wrong with either.

That's what I figured, but these tunners all swear by what they recommend and talk negatively about the other brands.

·
Registered
387 Posts
depends on what kind of shock you got. penske uses hyperco on his units stock, so thats what i bought for my double clicker that i got used that was set up for a heavier rider. the one thing about eibach is they dont engrave the spring LB # into the bottom of the spring so if you plan to have a few for different conditions or what not you would need to engrave them yourself.

i think as far a quality goes, ohlins and hyperco are made to closer tolerances, but eibach is still pretty good. you could just buy the spring based on the color you want it to be lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a Matris rear triple clicker with hydraulic preload. It is from Italy so it comes with a spring for a small Italian man and I am 190lbs. I don't care about color unless it enhances performance. LOL

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
That's what I figured, but these tunners all swear by what they recommend and talk negatively about the other brands.

Well they would as they are normally dealers for a specific brand.

We use Hypercoils but mainly Eibach as we are a dealer and get them for free.

On the stiffer springs that we use in race cars the variance with Eibachs is a little greater than with Hypercoils but on a 1800lb spring we are only looking at around + or - 10lbs , the softer springs vary a lot less.

Apart from the printed spring dimensions on the sides of the spring , the actual rate will be etched on the flat surface of the last coil , this is where you need to look to get the real number.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they would as they are normally dealers for a specific brand.

We use Hypercoils but mainly Eibach as we are a dealer and get them for free.

On the stiffer springs that we use in race cars the variance with Eibachs is a little greater than with Hypercoils but on a 1800lb spring we are only looking at around + or - 10lbs , the softer springs vary a lot less.

Apart from the printed spring dimensions on the sides of the spring , the actual rate will be etched on the flat surface of the last coil , this is where you need to look to get the real number.
I also got the Matris 25mm fork cartridge kit and will probably need springs for that as they are also sprung for a small Italian man, so for consistency I might just go with Ohlins all the way around. I have found Eibach to be the cheapest of all three though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts