Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first question: Are ohlin springs compatible with penske shocks? (i believe they are but wanna confirm this)
second question: How do i figure out what number to look for if i need a spring for 160lb rider? (i have a spring on my shock but dont know what weight its sprung for as i have looked all over the spring and couldnt find it anywhere including the very bottom.) Ive been looking at other springs and they have 8.0 and stuff like that but its greek to me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
825 Posts
The 8.0 you mention will be the spring rate, in kilgorams per mm ; that is, for each 8kg of force applied, the spring will compress by 1 mm.this equates to around 448 pounds per inch. The conversion rate is a.56 ; that is, kg permm times 56 = pounds per inch.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:dontknow:

thanks for the info brian.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No worries mate, sorry I can't help on the compatibility. Spring weight is heavily dependent on your own weight, but also on intended use ; as an example, I weigh around around 215 pounds at the moment (fat bastard !) and use a 9.5 kg/mm on the track. I'm told that may not be heavy enough, but as i prefer a sift spring it seems to work well for me.

All the best,
Brian

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries mate, sorry I can't help on the compatibility. Spring weight is heavily dependent on your own weight, but also on intended use ; as an example, I weigh around around 215 pounds at the moment (fat bastard !) and use a 9.5 kg/mm on the track. I'm told that may not be heavy enough, but as i prefer a sift spring it seems to work well for me.

All the best,
Brian
I found what i was looking for brian. I was looking for a spring calculator and found it here.http://www.racetech.com/evalving/SpringRateCalculation/dirtspring.asp?brand=Kawasaki&yr=06-07&ml=ZX-10R&formuse=form1&SpringType=Fork

·
Registered
825 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts