Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which rear shock spanner wrench is the best to get. Looking at my 08 ZX-10 and there really isn't too much maneuvering room. Any suggestions to preferred wrenches would be great.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
On mine I had to use a hammer and punch to take off some preload before I could even get the wrench on there. The swingarm was in the way, it came up too high and I could not get the wrench to grab it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah same method for me just used a hammer and and flat head screwdriver.. works good and you dont get any busted hands trying to reach in there and turn that damn thing and then have it slip off ...

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah same method for me just used a hammer and and flat head screwdriver.. works good and you dont get any busted hands trying to reach in there and turn that damn thing and then have it slip off ...
Yep. I bought two different spanner wrenches (one a full-on hinging wrench, the other slides onto a ratchet) and both dont fit very well. They work (barely) for loosening the preload, but if you are stiffening it, it's much easier to just use a screwdriver and a hammer.
I busted my knuckles up trying to use the stupid spanner wrenches.

This is on an '05 btw.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also used a flat headed punch, but removing the heel guard on the shifter-side rearset made it a lot easier, just be patient and take it slow.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
On mine I had to use a hammer and punch to take off some preload before I could even get the wrench on there. The swingarm was in the way, it came up too high and I could not get the wrench to grab it.
I weigh 165LBS with no gear should I be adjusting the rear spring?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
On my 05 i had to slack it off inches but im 150 i have 14 mm thead showing,think thats about 3/4 inch im set for no passengers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts