Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008_0109AD.JPG Hi -Y'all - Newb to ZX10R.net here !!!! I bought a used '06 ZX10R and am about to install an aftermarket shock. There is what looks like a shim between the shocks top mount bracket and frame. Is this factory or has the previous owner installed this ? Any and all feedback much appreciated - thanks !

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
View attachment 55657 Hi -Y'all - Newb to ZX10R.net here !!!! I bought a used '06 ZX10R and am about to install an aftermarket shock. There is what looks like a shim between the shocks top mount bracket and frame. Is this factory or has the previous owner installed this ? Any and all feedback much appreciated - thanks !
Yes it's factory and :welcome:.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sometimes you need to remove it. Depending on what else you change. The shock manufacturer should be able to tell you. I know when I went from a 55 to 50 tire I changed mine to correct for the geometry change.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
like the ninny said its OEM and depending on what aftermarket shock you purchased you may want to remove the shim or leave it.

BD
:nana:

Sometimes you need to remove it. Depending on what else you change. The shock manufacturer should be able to tell you. I know when I went from a 55 to 50 tire I changed mine to correct for the geometry change.
:+1: Different tire manuraturer has different profile too my DC III I've added 3mm with mine, can't wait to try it :mrgreen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts