Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what size socket to get to remove the bolt at the top of the rear shock. Its the bolt that has a cotter pin through it, located under the fuel tank hinge. I looked through the manual but can't find it.:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
trial and error. think of it this way you will build up your socket set :lol: honestly I have no idea.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I need to know what size socket to get to remove the bolt at the top of the rear shock. Its the bolt that has a cotter pin through it, located under the fuel tank hinge. I looked through the manual but can't find it.:badteeth:

i should have read with both eyes instead of one...:eyecrazy: as i thought you referred to the one that bolts the shock to the clevis brkt.

i know your referring to part# 92015 but still not sure of its size however if its larger than 19mm it must be 21mm.............i think.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0597/frame_fittings/frame_fittings.cfm?man=ka&groupid=13980&parent=13910

BD

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You don't need to remove the top nut!!!!!!!!! Look underneath it there's the 14mm nut and bolt that holds the shock in place. The nut with the cotter pin is for the upper shock mount.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
But if you insist on removing the top nut its a 23mm

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
dang it 2 strikes.............only 1 left.:sad:

BD

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Everyone was wrong, it is 22mm and you need a deep socket. I got lucky and bought a set like shenanigans said to do. Removing the shim is kinda a pain in the ass, not hard just a pain:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My apologies. So many bolt sizes hard to keep track of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts