Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i extended my bike, my rear shock in super soft and everytime i hit a dip in the road or something is bottoms out... or if a passenger sits on the back, the back of the bottom plastics sit on the ground....

what would be the best fix or replacement??

thanks guys :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
stiffen up the spring that will help. depending on how low you wnt you might have to cut or lose the lowers

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im low enough now.. im about 2" clear when im not sitting on it.. the people i ride with say it is down between 1/2"-1" clear with me on it...

will the stock spring tighen enough to keep at about the 2" mark once i sit on it???

·
Registered
474 Posts
extended swingarm

You'll have to get a heavier spring and you better do it before you damage the Shock or linkage.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll have to get a heavier spring and you better do it before you damage the Shock or linkage.
sounds simple enough... anything u would recommend?? where would be the best place to find this??

sorry for all the questions, but i want to get it right the first time...:hello:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can get it for you. Racetech would be the brand I recommend.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
you can buy a new spring or just tighten your spring up. My bike was 10 over and a stock spring worked fine even when i hot the shock revalved by adams performance they told me to use the stock spring that it was plenty stiff

whats your weight

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can buy a new spring or just tighten your spring up. My bike was 10 over and a stock spring worked fine even when i hot the shock revalved by adams performance they told me to use the stock spring that it was plenty stiff

whats your weight
ill try tighting it as much as i can.... im 190lbs...

where u able to carry a passenger????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts