Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i finnaly got my ohlins rear shock. The question is how hard is it to remove stock shock and replace it. Is it 1man job or is beter to go to service and let them doit.
What is the torque on shock bolts up and down?
First unbolt downside of shock or uper bolts?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
You'll need f/r stands, jack stands and 14mm & 12mm tools. You will need to unbolt the linkage as well, but only the pivot bolt, in order to get shock in/out. It really makes not much difference what order you go in but I did the bottoms then the top. It took me less time to change the shock than it did for me to get that stupid cs sprocket nut off!
Bolt torque #'s are - shock mounts top and bottom @ 81ft/lbs and the pivot bolt @ 72ft/lbs.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I think those torque values are too high it is either 43ft lbs or 25ft lbs.
Yep, place jack stands under your rider peg hangers, and use a rear stand slowly remove the rear stand to ensure the bike is held by jack stands...then swap em.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1) top shock nut is 43ft-lbs
1) bottom shock nut 81ft-lbs
2) swingarm pivot linkage arms 72ft-lbs

heres a pic of one way to lift the rear end so your able to raise/lower the swingarm/wheel as needed.

BD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow - I found 2 different number for torque. I thought the upper/lower shock mount numbers looked high, but the manual says 81ft/lbs on pages 397/398. Then on 415 it says 25ft/lbs. I think there's a problem with the labling on the exploded view - the names don't match the parts, which I should have picked up on but didn't.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I just got my friend to balence the bike on the kickstand...:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts