Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my shock and want some opinions. I have an Ohlins on my 89 ZX-10 and have been very happy with it. Thinking about trying something different am considering the following; Elka (not sure about support), Penske, HyperPro (good dampers but don't know about their shocks) and the trusty Ohlins.

Those that have used one of the listed chime in and give me your opinions.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I've used both Ohlins & Penske on numerous bikes and find them both to be a valuable upgrade from OEM equip. I chose to try Penske 8981 with the 10r as they have a tendency to build according to owner/rider supplied info as opposed to a fully assembled shelf item.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
What about dampening?? Isn't that set up per the riders style with the Penske but not the Ohlins? This damn suspension stuff is just a mystery to me!! My pirogue ain't got no suspension!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That is something that really should be setup after on the bike with sag and what not. More so if you go to a track day there will be a Suspension vendor that will be more than willing to help you setup your rear / front.

Nothing for any factory can be setup perfectly without you, your bike and your gear. Even so suspenion can change from different tire pressures to different tire manufactures.
Slava

1 - 5 of 5 Posts