Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a set of Woodcraft rear sets this weekend, or should I say "still installing them" :headshake (instructions are very vague), and I noticed this type of an upgrade requires the loss of the rear brake pedal return spring.

So far I don't like the return rate as well as the stock rear sets.

Has anyone else missed having the return spring after moving to aftermarket rear sets (or is this something that typically feels better over time) and/or made the modifications to incorporate it again?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
My Attacks have no spring and function just fine without it.

BD

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Graves motorsports has a return spring, you can check that out. www.gravesport.com

Not sure if it will fit the 10, but given that most bikes use the same rear master cylinder, it should work.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Trust me, you'll get used to not having the return spring. You shouldn't be using the rear brake hard enough to care about return rate anyway.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
SuicideMachine said:
Trust me, you'll get used to not having the return spring. You shouldn't be using the rear brake hard enough to care about return rate anyway.

:+1:
I never noteced w/ my vortex either...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
My Gilles have no return spring. Aftre seeing another poster use a o-ring as a return spring I did some experimientaion (wow I put a lot of letters in there- too much Crown tonight). Anyway, I put the bike on a swing arm stand, pressed the rear brake and released, then spun the wheel. I found that the rear brake was dragging some. I used a large o-ring as a return spring and repeated the test. The rear wheel spun more easily. A added bennifit was I found the rear brake easier to modulate with the added tensension (feel). I think I may try the Graves spring as it would be more clean.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Moved to tech...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
the R1 part from gravesis for a brembo master cylinder...the n10r has that huge black rubber thingy and is over 1/2" in diameter. I talked to phil yesterday and there isnt' anything you can do unless you have attack, gilles or sato. Use another bolt in the adjustable portion and attach a rubber band as seen in wstaab's pics of his bike.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I'll do without a rubber band thanks. besides it returns on its own.

BD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts