Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going crazy in the house I decided to attempt to set the sag on my 08. I was able to get the front sorted, it now has 6 lines showing and about 28mm of sag with me on it with no gear. The rear I could only get to 15mm or so... is this right? I turned the collar out a decent bit and made no real progress that I can tell. Thoughts?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Going crazy in the house I decided to attempt to set the sag on my 08. I was able to get the front sorted, it now has 6 lines showing and about 28mm of sag with me on it with no gear. The rear I could only get to 15mm or so... is this right? I turned the collar out a decent bit and made no real progress that I can tell. Thoughts?
I follow a general rule of 25mm for the street because of the bumps. Usually 25mm is a good starting point at the very least. You can set you sag at whatever you want, however you're comfortable. Some people like to ride a little faster and may have theirs set stiffer. I weigh 230 am 6.0' tall and i can still use all my tire running the on and off ramps with 25 mm of sag.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had read that 30-35mm was a good starting point for street and 25-30mm was good for 'race' bikes. In a later piece I came across there was information indicating I should be going for about 25% of total suspension travel. I am going to redo it all again before I go to ride it next.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You should be able to get it somewhere around 30mm. I'm not sure why you would only be able to get 15mm

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to get it somewhere around 30mm. I'm not sure why you would only be able to get 15mm
I'm fairly confident I was doing something wrong. I'm gonna regroup and try it again before I ride it again.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
tape your soft tape to a point on the bike, the rear should have 0 sticktion so it an easy read!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gday, I have played around with my sag, I'm too fat, I could only get my sag to a certain point and no matter how far I wound the preload down I could not get the right number, consider that your spring needs to be changed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts