Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am redoing the lines reservoirs and front calipers on my gen 2. I bought an HRC rear race reservoir kit, but the nipple/fitting on the rear master cylinder is much larger than the tubing in the kit. Is there a way to fit a smaller nipple/fitting to the master, or where can I find bigger tygon tubing that won't sweat or break?

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
I was about to buy that exact kit and didn't because of the plastic piece coming out of the rear bmc was soo much bigger
Maybe some kind of reducer piece, where would be a good place to even start

I wanna know too cause I like the look of that delete kit as well

DId you buy the kit on eBay

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it from a store..
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Superbike-Rear-Reservoir-Kit/
I have stretched the base of the tygon so that it will fit on the master cylinder fitting, but I'd have to stretch the whole tube to actually fit it on.

Not the easy project I thought it would be.

People are recommending hobby stores that sell tygon tubing, but its fuel line, and I don't think it will handle the brake fluid without sweating/breaking.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXD739&P=8

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Thanks man, but our rear reservoir fitting measures .440" in diameter. The 1/4" inner diameter tubing is what I have now, and there's just no way its going to work.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#tygon-tubing/=lo1pvt
Just not sure which would be the best on now..
I got the 5/16" tubing and fits pretty good. I did have to squeeze the OEM brake hose clamps to hold the line snuggly or could just buy small hose clamps instead. Actually just put one on my 09' dragbike rear brake.

http://kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=106&osCsid=b98e662602fe54fc69fbd620dde62b34

I have shopped this place more then a few times. They ship the same date and shipping is always reasonable and cheap!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have 5/16 tygon 2375 as well, I was wondering how this 1/4 was going to fit few days ago when I was reading everybody was buying that honda kits, I even went and checked mine and it wasn't 1/4 lol. I have 5/16 hose if you need it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. That 1/4" just isn't workable. I ended up ordering larger tubing from McMaster. What do you use for a plug with the bigger tubing? I'm planning to go to Lowes when the tubing gets here for small wire clamps and a plug, but advice is always nice. :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Thanks. That 1/4" just isn't workable. I ended up ordering larger tubing from McMaster. What do you use for a plug with the bigger tubing? I'm planning to go to Lowes when the tubing gets here for small wire clamps and a plug, but advice is always nice. :)
I used the plastic cap that usually hang down below the new bikes from the airbox. I had plenty sitty around and they fit perfectly.
Here is the one I just made for my 09'.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That looks really professional! I'll give it a try, thanks. Where did you get the wire clamps?
I'm not sure I would try and use those skinny wire looking ones. Those were off an old zx10 airbox that I had laying around. I don't know if they would leak or not. There isn't alot of contact area on those type clamps. I'd use the large ones that come on the factory hoses.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The 7/16 tubing fits well. Got a delrin cap from Zoran at www.TWFRacing.com. He also milled the monoblock R1 calipers that I'm using. Great guy very reasonable cost, he did the best job of packaging that I've seen so far.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Id like to do this mod soon. So you guys cant find that tygon stuff locally? I just dont wanna have to order something stupid like this. No one has found any at an auto parts store, stealership, harbor freight, anything??

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, what is the purpose of this mod? Thanks.
to get rid of your rear brake reservoir. its ugly and if you remove the passenger footpegs you dont have a place to mount it. using a small tube does the same thing, you dont really need a rear reservoir.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The fitting that the rear reservoir attaches to on the rear master cylinder measures .440". Closest match is 7/16", some people squeeze on the 5/16" tygon though.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The fitting that the rear reservoir attaches to on the rear master cylinder measures .440". Closest match is 7/16", some people squeeze on the 5/16" tygon though.
inside diameter or outside??!

5/16 inside is also 7/16 outside diameter!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts