Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are you guys doing to adjust the preload collars on the rear without marring the metal? I figured a hammer and some sort of punch. I was looking at spanners and figure there probably isn't enough room to use one. I saw that Motion Pro sells a screwdriver like tool with a hardend round tip specifically for this task, but I just wanna see how yall do it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I got preload adjuster from my 96 zx9r, so im usin this. You have to dismant rear chain guard and footrest plate to work on preload without damaging bike.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Lose the nut and give a list 4 turns out and test it.I would raise the fork preload 1 line too.Much much better this way.Try it

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I throw a towel over the rear hugger to ptotect it from being scratched.

The spanner I have is only about 3 inches long but it's still snug in that tight area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Two sided spanner...

Go to, of all places a Hardley dealer. They have these for less than 20 bucks. Works great, and won't tear up the locking bolts on the rear shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
BTW..you will have to remove the front small plastic part of the chain guard. And the heal guard from the rear set,on the shifter side. to use this. Place a rag over the swing arm so you don't scatch it.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I bought a progressive suspension adjustable spanner wrench so I never have to buy one again. I think I paid $18 from denniskirk.com

·
Registered
292 Posts
Big Daddy said:
+15min and you'll be close :smile:

BD
Hmmmm, I always thought you guys are kinda slow:wink:
If you're talking of 20 minutes for disassembling, adjusting and assembling the shock including jacking up the bike (just tilt it over on the side stand and put a piece of wood under the headers) and tidying up the garage after you come back from the test ride, then 20 minutes is OK:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts