Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was curious to know if anyone knows where I could find a rear hugger that would clear a Michelin Pilot Power One tire? can't use my stock hugger cause it wants to rub on it...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Why would the PP be bigger? the numbers on the tires tell you how big they are, there are very small manufacturing differences between the brands that it doesn't matter, you have to see what size tire it is, by the numbers, and then see if it fits, compared to what you previously had. This holds true for mainly road use

Now if you want to go on the track mostly.... that's another story...

I personally prefer the stock Bridgestone BT016, had only good experiences with it and did a "few" laps on a track with them earlier this year and had no problems at all. But they are at the end now and need replaced... guess what I'm going to put on next??? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
196 Posts
if you can find one Pyramid makes taller ones ....i have one on my RC-51 and it cleared a 60 before, ( didnt run it just wanted to see if it would fit )

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
have power one's same problem. Actually didn't make that big a difference...I had mine on for a few weeks until i just sold it...slightly rubbed...gl with finding one that works...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Add a washer

Add a flat washer in between the hugger and swingarm.
This will raise the hugger off the tire,plus do what its there for.
You might need to replace the OEM bolts that hold the hugger to the swingarm with a little longer ones to accomodate the flat washer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
was curious to know if anyone knows where I could find a rear hugger that would clear a Michelin Pilot Power One tire? can't use my stock hugger cause it wants to rub on it...
What size rear did you get ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
some tires grow at speed, such as the old dunlop gpa's. ran a 60 series on my 04 for the track, had to add links to the chain, slide wheel back, and remove the hugger.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
or you can just take the hugger off ??? some tyres are taller in the center compared to others same with weights of tyres some weigh more than others for some odd reason prob just depends on who made it and what mold it was in... and how much the rubber cured and shrank etc. etc.... no 2 tyres are the same or perfect...

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
aloha, the m-pilots are taller and will rub. I had a similar problem with the pirelli super corsa on my 04. the solution, add a spacer, your choice from your local harware store, may need some longer bolts and that sir will give you additional clearance with no issues.

Glockt made the same recommendation. quick fix, low price and you keep your original hugger minimizing damage to your undertail or body work from rocks, etc.

mahalo. o

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
I took mine off from day one. Looks better than that tent Kawi puts back there.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I took mine off from day one. Looks better than that tent Kawi puts back there.
Nah not a tent LOL its more like a big ass scoop shovel back there.. but I like mine keeps the tail so much cleaner and esp if ya get caught in the rain... my 08 6R didn't have one and it sucked cause I was always cleaning the under tail section.... and the rear tyre would fling water all over your back and legs...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts