Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Rear cowl hardware

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Mo@ninja10r 
#1 ·
I got the rear cowl with 07 ZX10R. BUT It has no hardware to mount it with. Nothing just the plastic.
Anyone able to help me out..If no one has what I would need
Steer me wear to go. I dont think can buy the kit separate from Kawi

#2 ·
Did you buy an OEM cowl? If not, then you're going to have to figure something out to match what you have since it probably won't fit the OEM brackets.

Kawi sold the seat cowl as a kit that included all the mounting brackets and the cowl cover. They also sold just the cover separately to replace that for scratches, cracks, etc. Your best bet is to find a used OEM complete cowl that's damaged or the wrong color. Reused the mounting and swap the cowl with the one you have. But I don't really know what you actually bought and why it doesn't have the brackets.

#3 ·
Since i was a lil rough on ya in the other thread ill let you in on something...i believe for our GenII you can also use a 2nd Gen 636 cowl, dont hold me to it w/out doing yer own research but im 95% sure i bought a used one off a 636. Ebay and patience.

Reactions: SkyDork
#4 ·
Hmmm...I thought the ZX-6R cowl fit the Gen 3, not the Gen 2. I know for a fact that it does fit the Gen 3 since I had one and it looked much better! But I'm not sure if it won't fit a Gen 2. Is that what you're thinking of? Or did I miss some stuff on it?

#5 ·
Yep, pretty darn sure i bought one off a used 636 off Ebay, ive drank lots of whiskey since then though so...really, it makes me wanna go back and research my own posts because im sure i asked around here before buying/for fitment. I'll try to remember to check and get back to this post. Had no idea they fit GenIII though. For Gen2 it has to also be the Gen2 636 if memory serves me right.

#6 ·
Haha...All you guys are a trip. In a good way for sure!!! To I have no Idea what it is. The fit is good minus the hardware. The guy threw it in with the ZX when I traded for my Z. The paint is not factory.
I agree the best thing to do would be to get a less than perfect one with the hardware and go from there.
The paint is not a problem as I work in a paint shop and I can match and paint it.
Just need to figure out how to attach it.

Attachments

#12 ·
Here's a thought, I have a Yana Shitty seat cowl sitting right here in red. It's sitting here because nobody is going to buy it because it is what it is. Nothing wrong with it really, it's better than nothing, but the fitment is a bit wonky due to the fact that is a Yana Shitty. Anyway, it has hardware, and assuming the holes to bolt to the actual plastic cowl are in the same place, and they should be, you can have it for almost nothing.

Just strip the hardware off the Yana Shitty and put it on your factory one. Maybe not the best, but it's an idea. It did lock and unlock just fine, so the hardware is decent enough.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.