Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every spacer and bearing is in the right place, and when its all together the rotor knocks on the caliper bracket block. Also when tightened up, the caliper bracket has a lot of movement foreword and backwards. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Everything worked before taking it apart to do sprockets

Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Every spacer and bearing is in the right place, and when its all together the rotor knocks on the caliper bracket block. Also when tightened up, the caliper bracket has a lot of movement foreword and backwards. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Everything worked before taking it apart to do sprockets

Thanks
I find this hard to believe. The axle keeps the caliper bracket from moving at all, so if "everything" is in the right place, there's just no way for that to happen.

As Slo said, post up some pics if you want more help or download the service manual.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I find this hard to believe. The axle keeps the caliper bracket from moving at all, so if "everything" is in the right place, there's just no way for that to happen.

As Slo said, post up some pics if you want more help or download the service manual.
Thats what I was thinkin too. The only way it would move like your sayin is if somethin is not on correctly. Pics please and i'm sure someone can help.:thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Yeah, really the only way for the caliper bracket to be moving back and forth is if the alignment slot is not on the swingarm block correctly. If the bracket was placed under or over that block, then it could rotate back and forth around the axle slightly. :dontknow:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,067 Posts
Is it possible your rotor is warped and rubbing at some point? I asked this because it happened to me after putting a disc lock on it then forgetting it was on and attempting to unload it from a trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts