Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i use my rear brake in turns but it's very slight just to scrub off speed and panic stops when someone pulls out in front of me. other then that i don't use my rear brake and they feel fine to me when i do.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I beleive our bikes come with HH pads already, mine did (unless the dealership was nice and installed them for me, which I doubt).

·
Registered
157 Posts
HH on the front only with standard organic or something like that in the rear. HH in the rear would be mucho overkill.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I beleive our bikes come with HH pads already, mine did (unless the dealership was nice and installed them for me, which I doubt).
If they were HH stock then they were the worst one's ever made. Compared to the EBC HH pads I put on the stock ones were horrible...

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I ride hard in the twistes I like to trail break I think that what it is called. My 10 rear brake feels spongie compared to my Bandit. What pads should I see about using or do I have to change calipers?
My friend, you may wish to consider blooding the brake before expending the currency. Also, an alternative is to exchange the master cylinder. I have personally employed the part from the 1996 or newer ZX7R. It is 14mm, and the bigger size from 1/2" makes for the firmer pedal.

Best wishes,
Henri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry the blooding did not function for you, perhaps you may think of the master cylinder replacement ? It is a quite not expensive thing to try, maybe.

Best wishes,
Henri

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
install galfer ss lines and galfer hh pads. problem solved

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
when riding thru the twisties and ur banked over trail braking with the rear brake. How do you know how much pressure you are exerting thru your boots on the lever? Can u feel it? Or are u just feeling the bike reacts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Henri I will try that if HH pads dont fix it. I looked today and I did put HH pads on my Bandit after I bought it I just for got I'm a little slow no wait I'm real slow

But thanks for input there is a couple of m/c salvage post close bye.
You could not be any slower than me, my friend ; my compatriots tell me they will take a calendar to the track to time my laps !

Best wishes,
Henri

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I changed my rear brake line to a Goodridge SS line...I actually prefered the feel of the stock brake line over it.

And I bled that thing plenty to make sure there was no air left.

Oh well. Maybe I'll like it better after I put my Satos on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been reading this forum for about 2 years now, but I have never posted before. I had been riding my 2006 10 on some twisties and noticed a little brake fade in the front and a lot in the rear.

Now I have started to do some track riding and after about 10 min on the track the front is noticably worse and the rear is almost nonexistent. I see that some people have replaced pads.

I have the stock setup and the brake fluid remains from new and has never been bled since bought. I have done lots of work on my bike from changing the air filter, installing exhaust, oil changes, and plugs. Bleeding brakes makes me nervous. I am worried that I will get fluid on my paint and mess something up. I do not have a problem taking it tot he dealer to get the service done if that is what you think would fix it.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts